Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Astrology and medicine

I don't know if it's just me, but I've noticed that there is a disproportionately high number of virgos in our class compared to what I'm used to. Based on the description, it makes a lot of sense. Here is one of many:

Virgo is the sixth sign of the zodiac, to be exact, and that's the way Virgos like it: exacting. Those born under this sign are forever the butt of jokes for being so picky and critical (and they can be), but their 'attention to detail' is for a reason: to help others. Virgos, more than any other sign, were born to serve, and it gives them great joy. They are also tailor-made for the job, since they are industrious, methodical and efficient. The sense of duty borne by these folks is considerable, and it ensures that they will always work for the greater good.

Does anyone else believe in this?

3 comments:

  1. How do you know that Virgos are the majority?

    That paragraph describes us in a nutshell. I think it also captures how laypeople will view us students as different and may not understand our actions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't say they were the majority but when I ask people what their birthdays are, I hear an awful lot of Septembers and late August dates. I am not really used to hearing so many people say their bdays are around that time.
    So of course, while this isn't a controlled observational study (:P), I am reealllly curious what the breakdown of astrological signs are in our class...and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a high percentage of virgos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, believe it or not!
    One time, 50% of Dept of Rad. at JHH were Virgos!
    Fluke or what?

    ReplyDelete